RCU Forums - View Single Post - How Many Will Refuse to Register?
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 01:08 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chad Veich
I won't bother to address the personal attacks. As for what little remains it is a good reminder of why I tend to avoid discussions such as these. I don't enjoy banging my head against brick walls and I have seen very little evidence that minds are going to be changed when debating within the confines of social media. Essentially I believe it comes down to the fact that our country is divided by folks with wildly different world views. Something that I don't think was the case throughout much of our history. In the absence of unity (and I would argue personal responsibility as well.) the government has stepped in to fill the vacuum. I think that it is a slippery slope which spells disaster for our way of life. You think otherwise. We can agree to disagree.
Ironically those that love to talk about others and passing judgement on them (not being concerned with things, the govt taking over etc etc) are often time the most thin skinned. I didn't see any personal attacks from anyone in this thread, I guess on that issue we'll agree to disagree. Also, if one is posting here to "change minds" as opposed to just sharing thoughts and ideas etc, then ya, it might get to the point they will be frustrated that some won't see their vision. People in the US have always held divergent views on many issues, wars have even been fought over them (that whole North v South thing). I'm not overly concerned when a govt agency gets involved in my life, I'm just not that cynical I guess. It's one of the costs to have the lives we have. As I noted above, the CDC, FDA, NTSB are all agencies that provide invaluable services to us, and yes, even the FAA does as well. This most recent involvement, specifically as it applies to the hobby, is not intrusive or burdensom in the least. Register for free, fly for free for 3 years...then pay $5.00 for 3 years after that. I small price to pay for the privileged (NOT a right) of flying.

Anyway, happy continued holidays and flying. I wish we had AZ weather all the time in the North East, although at 60 degrees today I can't complain.