RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone flying the new E-flite giant scale 85" span Carbon-Z Carbon Cub?
Old 12-28-2015, 07:47 AM
John_Geo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's pretty much impossible to position the struts incorrectly. One of the clues that something isn't right is the fact that the upright braces are not perpendicular to the bottom of the wing when using the stock holes. In the picture you can see that the brace leans to the left slightly. The holes at the bottom of each strut are 1/4" off because of this. I've tried repositioning the braces relative to the struts and wing but that has no affect on the misalignment of the bottom holes.

Another issue I had was that the carbon spar tube would only go into the right wing about 6" rather than the 12" like the left wing. Shining a light down the carbon sleeve in the right wing, I could see that there was a slight warp in the tube. How the heck they managed to warp a carbon fiber tube is beyond me, but it's definitely warped. Not a biggie. I resolved that by wrapping and gluing some sandpaper around a dowel and sanding the high spot down. I'm sure that weakens the sleeve tube some but probably not enough to matter. I'll let you know after I do a few loops.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20151227-03 Carbon Z struts.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	2138183