RCU Forums - View Single Post - Carl Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 Brotherhood.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:17 AM
J.Paul Saure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by srecker
Hello all!

Jesus, please put me down for the next available number - I wish to join the Brotherhood!

I'm very happy to see this forum active. I have been lurking for a while, having decided a while ago that the Goldberg Ultimate Bipe is the perfect place to put my YS 1.20 4 stroker. Actually, this is the fulfillment of about a 20-year old dream, and I haven't found a better option among the available planes. These days so many seem to be emphasizing electrics (which I do a bit of, too) and 3-D (which I've had my fill of). I just want to do good old normal (precision) aerobatics without spending thousands on a "pattern" plane. I loved my Tiger 60, though I did find its limits, and a servo failure finally took it from me.

Well, sure enough, my lovely and loving wife shocked me at Christmas by winning an eBay auction, so I'm the proud owner of one of these fine kits. I am deciding on which mods to incorporate (probably not much other than the top wing mount - I don't like the pin idea, with apologies to Dave Patrick!), then I have a few other projects to finish up, and I'll get started. Can't wait!!

Scott Recker
"srecker"
Hi Srecker
Very nice gift!!!!

I flew my Ultimate in IMAC Basic this year, and I will fly Sportsman 2016 with it.
Build it light and straight. With the 120 you'll have to get light.

Advice:
- Don't reinforce anything. Plane is strong enough, I have 110+ flights with my Saito 125. I only did put small thin ply discs where the aluminium struts bolt into the fuse.
- The steel pin Works very well, it is a lightweight solution.
- Use two elevator servos. You'll need both elevator servos in the tail with that engine.
- Two aileron servos
- Strong rudder servo with dubro HD pull-pull (I use a S9202)
- Don't enlarge nothing (elevators, rudder, etcetc). Plenty of throw even with the recommended low rates.
- Aluminium gear and fiberglass cowl and pants are a must. Aluminium gear is easier to intall, I use 3 nylon bolts.
- Mount the engine at 45° down. Less cowl cutting, and exhaust points down for cleaner flight.
- Do check the incidence and alignment on both wings, mine were both off and needed some sanding and fitting on struts and cabanes.

I have pictures of my build "a few" pages back with this advice.
This is an exceptional design, very precise and easy to fly. (Build it light and straight).

ENJOY THE BUILD!!!

Last edited by J.Paul Saure; 12-29-2015 at 04:19 AM.