RCU Forums - View Single Post - What is considered SCALE
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 09:08 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by jstaff
I think the third post from MFlood on this thread nailed it. You guys have put all the effort and time into this event form a committee of the "elders" and come up with a list of ARF's and Kits that are legal. I would hate to have anyone invest $700.00 / $900.00 dollars in a set up and in most cases x 2 to show up and have a problem. I think I have 4 ARF and 5 or 6 Kit EF 1's, 5-6 Q 500, and 3 Club 40's and I know they are all legal, no questions, and no interpretations needed. Look guys I'm dumber than a box of rocks on this class so I'll leave this discussion here. If someone can hook me up with someone to email and discuss equipment, etc. I would appreciate it.

Jerry

Jerry this is exactly what the current rules eliminate. As the rule is written if you show up with an airplane that most guys would recognize as a WW2 fighter you would be fine. We have had virtually no issues with the rules in this respect. Tommy is a friend of mine but IMO he is trying to create an issue that does not exist and this thread is more opinion based then fact. Of the 30 or so regular guys that participate in this series Tommy is the only guy complaining about scale fidelity. Having 3 views and templates is just a bad idea. For one who is going to make the ruling? Hmmmm the same guy who does it now. He would have to spend countless hours making these templates and the result would be if he rules an airplane illegal? A huge argument and a participant that would most likely not return. We already struggle to get the 4 heats of racing in before the sun becomes an issue at the SAMs field so if we are verifying scale outlines how much less time do we have for racing. Should we tell the guys that come in from Utah and Nevada that because we have to verify scale outlines we now only have time for 3 rounds?

bottom line is why mess with a successful format because one guy thinks we have strayed from the " Spirit " of the event? IMO the spirit of the event is to race and have fun with a bunch of your friends.