RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Field of Armor Dragon 1/6 R/C Sherman just arrived
Old 12-29-2015, 02:23 PM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks Rich! I do appreciate what you point out that's wrong with this build and I couldn't agree with ya more. But I'm working with what I have available. I trying to do the best I can, both with the r/c kit I received and the limited mental capacity of my old brane.

I have about all the Sherman technical books I can imagine I'd need and have studied them for detail to try to at least make the remote control tank kind of look accurate as I can.

I thought about trying to make it VERY accurate, especially underneath the sponson, rear, and elsewhere. John at ECA is a MASTER at it!!! (I WISH I was good as him!) But this tank I'm building isn't going to be placed on a counter in a museum to be studied and admired. It's going to be plowing thru weeds, mud, sand, snow, and having FUN! It's R/C!

The travel lock hinges are probably too low across from the MG mount. And the rear deck is about to get an 88 muzzle swung across it SO I KNOW this Sherman's in trouble there!

Check out the picture and how much higher should I move the travel lock hinges? Then how high will be the barrel lock be?

I positioned the travel lock hinges by the height of the barrel lock hole.

I came DARN close to installing the extra Chrysler lifting ring by the loader's hatch. That extra lifting lug ring WOULD have been a 'unique' addition and easy to do but I decided against it

And I bondo'ed over the front left milled antenna base. It was there but I didn't like it on this turret build.

And I have a one question 'quiz' on something I did quickly this morning because, in my opinion, it didn't look right. I was going to make a separate 'funny quiz' post for poots and giggles but I'll do it down from here.

Rich, buddy, PLEASE get you one of these Shermans! I'm getting closer to getting this one done and I'd LOVE to watch your build (to see where I messed up!) I'm NOT being 'mean' saying this but try it... you'll LOVE IT! (LOL!)

Also Rich, THANKS for responding to something ya notice on this 1/6 FOA/Dragon Sherman thread. Heck, I post pics and build detail but nobody seems to care and say anything. I LOVE input on this build!

MOST of the 'fine' detail of this build I put on the FOA build forum to tell what I've encountered because there's so MUCH of it, that IF I put it on here, it'd be a continuous post! And the RCU tankers looking at it would get BORED of it pretty quick! I ain't 'diss'in' RCU views but it's a LOT of dry stuff.

Thanks Rich!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-004S.JPG
Views:	2496
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	2138432   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-005S.JPG
Views:	2490
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	2138433  

Last edited by Old MSgt; 12-29-2015 at 04:22 PM.