RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Field of Armor Dragon 1/6 R/C Sherman just arrived
Old 12-29-2015, 03:40 PM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Yep! Thanks Jeff!

I noticed the low MG hole when I received the mantlet (the one in the left pic) with the T23 turret kit. That's the hole location on the mantlet installed on the turret pics you can see above it I posted yesterday.

So early this morning, after I finished my coffee and FOX news, I 'ran' out to the garage, marked a new higher location, and DRILLED the new hole before I put it off for later. Then filled the original hole and made the rim around the new hole with Miliput. When it dried I shot some OD. (It's still drying.)

As I say, this AIN'T a 'Museum Quality' Sherman. It's an R/C Sherman! I want it to look decent, but it won't be totally 'perfect'.

THANK JEFF!!

(And heck, to be honest, if I was one'a them 'perfecernist', I'd fill the gunner sight hole then drill another sight hole 3/4 a hole UP. But that'd cut in to my other tank build'in work and beeer drank'in!)

**** Dec 31 Update: FOA noticed this in my posts and have emailed me that the mold will be changed with new positions for the coax and sight holes.

Last edited by Old MSgt; 12-31-2015 at 07:09 AM.