RCU Forums - View Single Post - Carl Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 Brotherhood.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:38 PM
srecker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great advice, J Paul. I guess everybody agrees that the YS is pretty heavy, but there's no chance I'll budget for a replacement. It runs great, and I'm trying to use existing equipment. That also means probably using full size (digital, coreless) servos - two of those in the tail, for the elevator halves, instead of lead?! My thought about using pull-pull for the elevators is not so much for weight as for getting rid of slop. The wood stick in the plans seems OK, but then there's bent-up pieces of music wire going to each elevator half. Seems like that would introduce a fair amount of slop, no? With two servos in the tail, perhaps I wouldn't need to engineer a pull-pull system - I can probably fit a short, straight piece of music wire on each side. I don't know - I guess I have some measuring to do!

Oh, well, I am a very meticulous builder (that is to say, SLOW), so it will probably be NEXT Christmas before I have to think seriously about linkages!

BTW, I really like your color scheme. One of the nicest looking Ultimates I've seen!

Scott