RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA's Enforcable 400 Feet = Death to Jets?
Old 12-31-2015, 07:00 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mr_matt
Ira you are not getting it.

The FAA is going to regulate drones. I think that is very clear. To me it has been clear for a very long time

We had a chance to not be classified as"drones" and therefore not be regulated. For years, the drone guys have been trying to do the OPPOSITE.

THis is the part many people new to this might not know. From the days before the ARC (2006 or 2007?), the rallying cry of the Aerial Photography (AP) "drone" crowd was "how come you are going to regulate us, these RC model guys are doing the same things".

So we should have separated then. We did, to an extent by highlighting commercial vs hobby use. This worked far a little bit, but now the problem has exploded.

We had to somehow ARBITRARILY define what is a drone, by defining what a drone is NOT. Anything short of this is just grey areas. I personally have "drones", and have flown FPV. There are already drone associations, they don't need or want AMA.
There is law that says not to regulate model airplanes. Maters not that the AMA allows drones.