RCU Forums - View Single Post - Yellow Aircraft No Longer Selling Kits
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 06:38 AM
Spychalla Aircraft
My Feedback: (34)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am sad to see Y/A go. The Spitfire has been a favorite of many over the years. Yet I get it. All these kits take builders to complete them and builders are a dying breed. It was good for me as I sold about 25 Spitfire Bubble Canopy Conversion Kits over the past decade. I now expect that mold will get dusty and seeing a Y/A Spitfire at an event will be a rare thing.

For now I am going to sit on the Spitfire and T-6 Texan kits I have. Feels good to have them in the rafters. Just following the Dave Platt "Scarfology" principal of buying up things in the hobby when they are available as they will disappear and never be available again. It often is true.

Moving on regarding Spitfires I have looked at the market and the popularity of the 30cc ARFs. I bought 2 of the Hangar 9 Spits to play with and study. I believe that even the ARF modelers can appreciate a little differentiation at the field by not having exactly the same Spitfire as everyone else. It has potential to be bashed from a MKIX into a MKXIV with the help of a new cowling, larger spinner, bigger rudder, and bubble canopy option. We will see.

Leo Spychalla
Spychalla Aircraft LLC