RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 06:51 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by FNQFLYER
Ok my 2 bob's worth. Wooden dowels for stand offs, you have got to be joking, you are aren't you? A good machine shop should be able to make you what you want easily and quickly. Or find a mate with a lathe. On engine mounts, whats wrong with genuine Saito mounts?. I like the Great Planes adjustable ones as well. Old fart I still have some old Pricerite, Aeroflyte and Pilot mounts as well. Older women etc, well they are in my mind a better proposition. Re bikes, when I was in Malaysia in the 90's the "smart expats" discovered that there were heaps of 50's era english bikes around, really cheap. I believe the "english gentlemen / expats" returned something like 2 to 300 AJs, Nortons, BSA's Matchless and Manx bikes to the UK while I was there. Similar situation in Vietnam when I was there at the turn of the century except it was Citroen cars and 60's era american auto's.

Maple dowels work great. I would not tap them, but run a hardened bolt through them. Plenty strong enough. For what a machinist would charge, you can get a new set of DLE stand offs for $20 + shipping.