RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Escapade .40 ARF
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 02:08 PM
Tom Nied

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Mine was one of the earlier Escapade ARFs available back in 2009. I might check the hinges and elevator joiner. Never liked those wing indexing tabs, so will check those and the plywood hole they index into. Definitely going to glue the wing together. I got a van and transporting the wing whole sounds better to me. I pretty sure I'm going to balance at 72mm. That's only a third of an inch. My experience with quite a few Great Planes, Tower, Hobbico arfs, they are way too conservative and I do believe it will land and takeoff better with no ill affects because of the rearward Center of Gravity from the manual. Will open the tank and check the plumbing. Also will address the canopy that likes to eject. Great Planes Notice #2 suggests what can be done to prevent it.

The reason I'm pulling my new and unassembled Escapade out of the closet is because, I could fix my beater old Avistar that I turned into a "ground loop queen" that needs to be fixed again, or I could have a new airplane that I have everything I need to assemble. Even the Magnum XLS .46 coming out of the Avistar is nicely broken in, starts and runs great, would be better used in the Escapade.

Last edited by Tom Nied; 01-04-2016 at 04:15 PM. Reason: spelling, grammar, clarification