RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA Sued In Federal Court Over Drone Registration Rules
Old 01-05-2016, 12:18 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan
I am an aviation enthusiast. I fly jets and large scale, don't like helicopters, but like quadcopters, don't like foamies, but think they have their place for the group of hobbyist that enjoy them. I started to fly c/l when I was 8 or 9, didn't know about the AMA for another few years. And, surprisingly, wasn't when I first started to fly r/c, due to being flown at a college empty field. I didn't get my AMA until I actually joined DCRC, Rockville, MD, back when they were located down in the valley, and had to join the AMA, in order to fly there. Just because you aren't in the AMA, doesn't mean that you aren't a hobbyist. Just means that you either don't know about them, or you don't fly at an AMA field. I just thought as a collective group, that the AMA had it's own Lawyers and had filed a law suite against the FAA to Congress? I just love the fact that a hobbyist and a Lawyer has stepped up to the plate!
The AMA had previously filed suit last year to have the matter litigated, hopefully in their favor. This doesn't stop others from filing their own actions as well. In some instances similar parties with the same goals can also come together and file one action on behalf of all of them. I agree totally with the comments about hobbyists not needing to be part of the AMA to enjoy the hobby. I suspect there are many people who build and don't fly, or just fly that aren't part of the AMA, perhaps even more than there are AMA members.