RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA Sued In Federal Court Over Drone Registration Rules
Old 01-05-2016, 12:34 PM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

I have a buddy who is studying Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering at Emery Riddle. Met him flying at a local ball diamond flying foamies. Now, he is a Junior and LOVE's Quadcopters, and he and his buddies race them away from people through a wood course. I have told him about quadcopters not being liked by the model community. At 20ish, he really doesn't care, due to this is the new aviation technology and where aviation and engineering are heading in the BIG picture. I am mad as Heck! about the FAA trying to control my hobby. Flew professionally as a Jet Capt, so have dealt with the FAA, and think this is totally over stepping our freedoms and rights to enjoy our hobby. And, this truly won't stop terrorist.
However, I do see a need to have some sort of FAR's for what is truly a Commercial Drone weighing far more then 55 pounds, and even upwards of 2000 pounds, flying for the law enforcement, private companies, such as Real Estate, Fishing, Photography and Cinematography, etc. In 50 years, since there are already guys doing it in a small back yard form, I can truly see a quadcopter becoming a form of transportation for the "dummy land car driver". The future is amazing, but in the mean time, the growth of this new aviation technology is a pain in the ass to my hobby.

Last edited by RCFlyerDan; 01-05-2016 at 01:03 PM.