RCU Forums - View Single Post - Should AMA fields require pilots to have a FAA number to be permitted to fly?
Old 01-05-2016, 06:28 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[h=2]Should AMA fields require pilots to have a FAA number to be permitted to fly?[/h]
Originally Posted by crash99
I would hope no club would go down this path.
Again Why stir up an FAA hornets when all they ask is Obtain a simple 10 digit Alphanumeric number and place it on/in any R/C TOY U fly and only when U are Flying in the NAS ... Couldn't be any simpler. The AMA has said to REGISTER if U got a New R/C TOY after 21 Dec 15. Besides Like I said in another Forum It's just STUPID t "F" with the FAA when they have done the very last they could possibly do to not go overboard and still be able to catch and prosecute those that would endanger the NAS.

Yet forums like this only serve to create a greater devide between AMA members and the FAA. One might as well pound sand as as argue with the government.

Remember the Amendment #336 has not been violated in that the FAA is registering People NOT r/C TOYs. Period. So Go Register and go FLY as U always have.
But then there always a few that would complain when some authority tries to do their job and cause the least intruption as possible. so to speak