RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA Sued In Federal Court Over Drone Registration Rules
Old 01-06-2016, 02:59 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
C'mon, how many different ways have they used to get their message out? Press releases, interviews in papers, podcasts, e-mails, etc etc. It's never enough is it? Does anyone involved in this situation NOT realize what their position is? What difference does it make now for them to appeal to the general public, as if they care? Why exactly do they need exposure now? Is the public in charge of ruling on this case, or are the courts?
And who do they send those Emails , podcasts , and other communications to ? Us who are already pretty well aware of the problem ? Having the public on our side could be nothing BUT a plus , public outrage works wonders at times getting the govt. to do the right thing . Tell the public the FAA wants to treat toy planes as real and then ask them just how much further the govt. should reach into folk's lives and being that elections are right around the corner this "big bad govt. run amok" story may just gain a bit of traction ! I live near Boston , , I read the Boston Globe , the Boston Herald , and even the Quincy based Patriot Ledger pretty much every day (hey , old retired guy here , and I like my newspapers ) and not once ever have I seen mention of the AMA in any news articles involving "the FAA and drones" which is how they refer to this when it's printed in a tiny paragraph on page 12 .

And No , before you ask , I have no idea how the AMA should get the mass media to give a few seconds of their precious coverage to us , but then again all I was in life was a simple mechanic , without the luxury of a marketing director like the AMA's got .......

Last edited by init4fun; 01-06-2016 at 03:04 PM.