RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 05:22 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rjpmodel
I wonder how good the voice recognition on the DC-24 is and will you be able to speak commands such as "gear down" reliably on a busy flight line with turbine powered jets flying. I have been loving the DC-16 for several years and this feature would be one of the new features that would make me think it would be worth getting the DC-24. Don't really need the color screen and we now have 24 channels although I have not used more than 12 so far. Also not excited about the stick feedback. Is there a jack for a head set including a microphone which would work better in a noisy environment?
You will only have voice commands for the specific controls you assign them to. As such, I would assume that the fewer voice commands that you use, and the more different they sound, the easier it would be for the transmitter to tell the difference between commands. I know people like to use the example of askng for gear down and it responds by turning your motor off but if you don't assign a voice command to your engine kill, that of course can't possibly happen. I would think a command like "gear down" to drop your gear vs "timer" to have it tell you flight time remaining would have a decent chance of working correctly. Still, in a very noisy environment, nothing may happen in response to either so it's always best to have a switch that can perform the function as well. It's probably also sensible to reserve voice commands for non critical functions.