RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 06:28 AM
JoeJr1485

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ScaleScrazy, I have been in and out of the hobby for some time now and I am getting back in. Back then I was using Spektrums, its been sometime since I have played with a transmitter until not too long ago and was looking for something that was going to meet my current needs and something that will grow with me. Now yes you have 18 channels and there is nothing wrong with Spektrum at all, but Jeti just updated its radio to 24 channels and I feel that it will not stop there. Also I haven't used telemetry back in the day so that is something that I wanted to dive into. Since I got my DS-16 I am very pleased with this radio. yes I wish it was color screen and yes they are coming out with one now but that doesn't really bother me. I can see it just fine. what I like is how you can add voice sounds to anything that you want. To me that is awesome. I have set up thing such as alert me when I have reached my speed for flaps and landing gear. I am still learning it and still coming up with things that I want. At first I told myself " Man this thing is going to be tough to learn and confusing" well I have to say after reading through the manual on a couple of things and watch a couple of youtube videos, it make total since how to do it and set up what I want. It reminds me of writing programing code but without having to write all the dang code haha. Then I look at value. I have searched and searched and see how cheap radios are for resale due to people upgrading, or wanting this or that and what ever it may be. For a Jeti I have found that each update they put out like the 4.0 by adding new channels is like getting a radio for free. I have to say that is very nice. Yes you have take time to update, yes you have to backup your models and all that but hey we should do that anyways just in case of an issue. Switching is all up to you. ask your self why and what will it give me, take away from me, and what can I do with it. ask that a few time heck even a few weeks. Then make up your mind. I am very pleased with it and cant wait to have it fully customized to me and for me the way I like it. Good luck on your thoughts and switch if you do.