RCU Forums - View Single Post - Four Hundred Feet?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 07:51 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R
Can you explain to us why this has not been an issue for the past 8 decades, but suddenly in your mind it should be done??

I fly gliders, IMAC and pattern and not once have I heard or witnessed a situation where they conflicted with manned aircraft. And certainly not one single accident caused by flying over 400 feet.

It appears you are willing to ignore empirical data while trying to satisfy your "gut" feeling on what should be done.

BTW - I have found a new candidate for my ignore list. Looking back over 40 pages of franklin_m's post I have not seen a single one related to actually owning or flying model aircraft. It appears his sole purpose in these forums is to troll the modelers. Buh-Bye!!!
That is because he wants the restriction. So now he is reaching to find data to support his argument to support one. There have been no incidents, so there is no argument.

It is important to separate the FPV technology from the LOS. Even if the recent close encounters with full scale and "drones" are true, they were FPV models, and not LOS. So those statistics cannot be included in your argument.

The incident here in CO with the biplane really cannot be used, as the 2 aircraft were part of the same show. It was not a random incident of a guy out flying his RC plane and the full scale happening by.