RCU Forums - View Single Post - Four Hundred Feet?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 09:33 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
Is flying style going to change the amount of potential energy in those blades? Those size blades are still going to have lethal energy. It would be impossible to identify anyone within a 100ft when flying that aircraft.
Flying style defines the vectors of the blades coming off if they do. With 3D, they can come off in just about any plane. By flying scale, I limit the plane in which they could separate.

As for being "impossible to identify anyone within 100'", Why, can't you see that far? If I can't see an area 100' in all directions, then it's too small to fly. I fly so that it's all in front of me. Anything comes into my field of regard and I land. It's pretty easy actually. You just have to have enough cognitive ability to do more than one thing.

Remember, I was taught from a young age to aviate, navigate, communicate, and maintain situational awareness with someone screaming at me in the cockpit. So flying a heli and still having the ability to notice what's happening around me is pretty easy situational awareness.

Last edited by franklin_m; 01-10-2016 at 09:36 AM.