RCU Forums - View Single Post - Separation of Drones from the AMA
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 05:09 PM
DeferredDefect

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettster
FYI.. Deffered Defect.. Is Max Perez. Head Moderator at RCCanada Forums. He is also the largest FPV offender in Canada. His actions are pure selfishness, and as a mod.. if theres evidence against FPV he moves the post to the Garbage.

Need an example... Look at the photo. On this day he decided to fly all over the neighbourhood. Read what his last FB post says.
I agree that's pretty dangerous flying, and obviously lousy moderating, but there's bad eggs in any hobby. With the internet of course, it's far easier to find said bad-eggs, even if they are few and far between.

However, it wasn't that long ago when people would do stupid things with LOS flying as well.
I remember reading an older (maybe late 1980s?) R/C modelling magazine discussing the authors trials learning to fly a larger glow model in a parking lot. The story was obviously making light of how ignorant they were to the danger at the time, but this was an informal club flying and crashing .60 sized models in a built up area.

Dangerous, sure. But it was happening, and I'm sure occasionally still does.

What I'm saying is we don't have a perfect track record either, and I guarantee the hobby will be looking back on some of the reckless behaviour today as completely absurd once we establish a new safety culture.

Give it some time.