RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you ready to register your aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 03:21 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TimJ
That is a B.S. cop-out on nav charts. Airports across the country come and go all the time.

Are you reporting those errors to the AMA headquarters? If the AMA doesn't know there's a problem, how can they fix it?

You are simply wrong. Show us hard evidence that the AMA is using the LMA program to gain membership. I hope you are exerting as much energy to repeal the Federal ACA, or the laws on auto insurance.

It is obvious that you either have a problem with large model aircraft or the AMA.

Your path will only lead to more hardship for modelers whom truly enjoy this hobby. Then you will have the opportunity to answer to the one hundred thousand plus model aviation enthusiasts across the U.S.
As for getting AMA fields on Nav charts, good luck with that. Why don't you let me know how it works out for you.
On the problems with the clubs, yep; have sent them.
On the LMA, I asked a direct question if they'll certify non-member UAS. They said no. Therefore must be a member.

I see many here talking about actions in the NAS that are a real risk to manned aircraft and people on the ground. It's easy to find video of 100lb aircraft narrowly missing people on the ground, or other aircraft crashing into people resulting in burns. It's also easy to find AMA member video shot from the aircraft showing large and fast aircraft overflying cars on the road, occupied buildings, etc. And don't even get me started about folks who don't have the situational awareness of knowing other aircraft are approaching the airspace.