RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you ready to register your aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 03:32 PM
mike1974
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's ask ourselves some questions. Has any full scale craft been downed or lives lost EVER due to RC craft of ANY kind? I believe the answer is no. (non-military)

How many lives are lost DAILY due to alcohol related accidents and illness? Approx. 241 PER DAY!!!!!!

So the gov't wants to regulate RC craft because they MIGHT cause an accident in the FUTURE, but they allow alcohol that kills approx. 241 people per day. Okee dokee. Here's your sign!

How many people actually fly RC? How many of those fly MR or FPV? How many of those fly irresponsibly? How many that fly irresponsibly actually pose a danger? Pretty small number I would say. I bet the number is well below 1%. But we need to federally register to keep the NAS safe? Okee dokee. Here's your sign!

I would say at this point laser pointers pose much more of a threat to full scale than RC craft. There have certainly been more incidents! Has the FAA required laser pointer registration? No? Why not? It's more of a danger. Interesting.

I'm sorry, this entire registration is an exercise in futility. It is mind numbing to believe that the FAA actually believes this will do anything to solve the perceived problem or keep the NAS safe. I would bet money that my 7 year old could understand why this registration solves nothing. How grown, educated men and woman of the FAA cannot understand such a simple concept is insane!! Heres your sign!!