RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you ready to register your aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 03:47 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
sorry you feel that way tim. The ama's record is what it is because it's incomplete. It does not include any number of events that are part of a credible safety management system data collection effort: Non-injury mishaps, ama rule violations, breaches of flight discipline, near misses, etc.

I am not supportive of getting every ama field on sectional chart, as that won't be supported by aopa or other groups, and imposes needless burden on the faa system as ama clubs lose fields, add fields, lose them, etc. The ama's own website isn't even up to date with respective to active fields, of the five within 50nm of my zip code, half of them result in "404" errors when you access the web pages.

i support one set of rules for all non-commercial suas/uas flights nationwide w/o regard for cbo membership. It invites chaos to have multiple numbering systems, multiple operational limits, and multiple certification/qualification systems.

I do not support ama so long as they use any single part of pl112-95 section 336 to compel membership. They're doing that with section (a)(3), and who's to say they won't do that with other sections in the future? If and when there are other cbos, then i'm less concerned. Until then though, i will continue to express my concern for the safety of manned aircraft and people on the ground imposed by ambiguous and inconsistent operational rules for non-commercial suas/uas operations.

+ 1