RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you ready to register your aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 07:53 PM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
As for getting AMA fields on Nav charts, good luck with that. Why don't you let me know how it works out for you.
On the problems with the clubs, yep; have sent them.

On the LMA, I asked a direct question if they'll certify non-member UAS. They said no. Therefore must be a member.

I see many here talking about actions in the NAS that are a real risk to manned aircraft and people on the ground. It's easy to find video of 100lb aircraft narrowly missing people on the ground, or other aircraft crashing into people resulting in burns. It's also easy to find AMA member video shot from the aircraft showing large and fast aircraft overflying cars on the road, occupied buildings, etc. And don't even get me started about folks who don't have the situational awareness of knowing other aircraft are approaching the airspace.
If I might, I'd like to comment on just this one point that has been brought up over and over. Would anyone expect ANY company/organization to certify/sanctify/qualify/whatever ANY product they didn't sponsor? IE., would you expect GE to honor a warranty for a product built by Ford?

To me, "no" is the proper answer.