RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you ready to register your aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 08:47 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
What if you're right about that, Mike?
If it turns out to be futile as it well may, I'm concerned about what comes next, and I trust you are too. Unlike AMA management FAA is answerable to higher authority; they had to do something. I have said and still think they have taken a minimalist step toward regulation of MA. I am sure the next step, if this one fails to produce desired results, is already in their planning. I don't want to that next step to be implemented, even though I have no preconception of the details. I think you and I and FAA probably agree it isn't going to work. I hope we are all proven wrong about that.
Come on cj U I the AMA FAA and every sane person involved in any way with R/C Aviation know that "Registration Alone" will do nothing to alleviate the problem of MULTI ROTORS getting in the way of Full scale Air Craft with in 5 miles of an airport.The Only viable way is to admit that it is Multi Rotor craft alone are the Problem, NOT Traditional R/C TOYS. Next There must be a Massive News Media Blitz that Multi Rotors are not to be flown with in 5 miles of any Towered airport. Admit anything flown 5 miles or more from Towered Airports are an Infinitesimally small danger to Commercial aircraft. All R/C Registered Flying sites MUST be noted on Aviation Charts as 1/2 Mile diameter up to 1500'AGL Warning or alert areas just as all towers above 100' are marked on all VFR Charts.

Besides All Full Scales Pilots are just as responsible for "See and Be Seen" as are any craft that fly in the NAS in VFR Conditions. Full Scale Pilots are required to under.

Sec. 91.103
Preflight action.
Each pilot in command shall, before beginning a flight, become familiar with all available information concerning that flight. ect

http://Sec. 91.103 Preflight action....9?OpenDocument