RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you ready to register your aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 05:29 AM
mike1974
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
What if you're right about that, Mike?
If it turns out to be futile as it well may, I'm concerned about what comes next, and I trust you are too. Unlike AMA management FAA is answerable to higher authority; they had to do something. I have said and still think they have taken a minimalist step toward regulation of MA. I am sure the next step, if this one fails to produce desired results, is already in their planning. I don't want to that next step to be implemented, even though I have no preconception of the details. I think you and I and FAA probably agree it isn't going to work. I hope we are all proven wrong about that.
I understand what you are saying, but why do they have to do something? The number of RC craft zooming around full scale craft has to be few and far between. We cannot keep everybody safe from everything. It is not possible. Why don't they have to do something for the children suffering from seizures that a "harmless" non-toxic plant can help? Why don't they have to do something about the 241 per day alcohol related deaths? Etc, etc, etc. The Feds have to do something to try and stop something that has not even happened, but don't have to do something for the multitude of things that currently harm and cause death to poeple? Is this opposite world? lol.
By the way i'm being genuine and not trying to come of as rude.