RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA's Enforcable 400 Feet = Death to Jets?
Old 01-13-2016, 05:31 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TTRotary
Yes, you are being an ass Bob. Information from a reliable source... that's precious coming from the guy who was instructing people 10 days ago that they could meet FAA registration requirements through the AMA, among other completely incorrect comments. You are NOT a subject matter expert here, and you are in no position to be "correcting" others or imposing your own opinion. You made a comment elsewhere about numb-nuts behavior and people doing things they know are wrong. That includes you bragging on a public forum about flying to 1000AGL after right after you agreed in a certification that you would maintain flight ops at or below 400AGL. That's just plain stupid, in addition to being irresponsible. I certainly hope your stance does not represent the official position of the JPO, since it is an AMA SIG.
First, I NEVER said at that point that AMA registration would meet FAA registration requirements - only that the AMA was working to make it so, and guess what, that looks like it will come to pass. Stay tuned for more information from the reliable source - the AMA.

Second, I never "bragged" about flying to 1000' AGL, in fact I stated that I rarely do, and always according to the AMA safety code and with a spotter. What I did say was that you were incorrect in saying that there was an absolute limit of 400' as a result of "signing" the FAA "guidlines" on a website. Guess what, you were incorrect on that as well, as confirmed by the AMA in its latest posting.

Nowhere that I can see have you acknowledged your errors... Mine was engaging in an argument with someone who was incorrect and could not be convinced otherwise.

Bob