RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA's Enforcable 400 Feet = Death to Jets?
Old 01-13-2016, 05:49 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TTRotary
I know exactly who he is, and that is why I am criticizing him. Bob is an accomplished and expert modeler and I have enjoyed and appreciated his threads on building and so on. But that does not dispense him from responsible behavior. I am sorry this has gone in the direction it has, but I am not one to hold my tongue.
To the rest of you out there, I do not think its "irresponsible" to state what I KNEW was the case - that at this time, flying according to the AMA safety code is legal just as it has been in the past. Perhaps when the revised Part 101 comes out, that will change, but hopefully not, and I believe that it will not. Unfortunately, Mr. TTRotary is unconvinced, but that is his issue, which I will not attempt to deal with any longer. I apologize for the "mess" it created, but my purpose was to prevent my fellow jet flyers from being discouraged by the misinformation in this thread - which you will note that I did not start...

To mackyjones, I do spend a great deal of time promoting the jet hobby. This year, we achieved a significant change in the turbine thrust rules in the US, we completed a survey of all AMA turbine waiver holders to get their opinion on future directions for the JPO, I am working on a new website for the JPO, and we have a few additional initiatives we are working on.

Back to it...

Bob