RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you ready to register your aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 09:54 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Luchnia
I get it, yet I see this part as the problem: "and you catch them doing anything...even trespassing, then..." There may be some caught, yet I would wager it won't be any more than they would catch if you had no FAA registration. I simply do not see holding a failure to register charge over their head (the deterrent) as being any concern for the next one in line to do something stupid. Hope time will prove me wrong on this, yet historical evidence of "stupid" acts says otherwise.

I am still standing firm that registration won't help in this one bit and I maintain that this was an extremely poor misguided approach to keeping our airways safe and YES I want safety. I do not desire to see a news report that a "drone" being flown recklessly was responsible for downing a passenger plane with hundreds of people losing their life.

OK so I am a bad guy and I know it. So if I register and I trespass or commit a crime or violate a FAR, at least I don't have to worry about paying up to $20,000 bucks to use the drone for say casing a bank for a future robbery,. But if I don't register they will never know who owned the drone. So which would I chose? How does registering protect us from the criminal?

OK so I am an ignorant fool who only reads tweets from pop stars. So how would I know to register. Fool that I am I crash my drone into the Presidents Limo and the tire blows and the SS mistakes someone in the crowd as having fired a gun ans they shoot the wrong person. So how does registering protect us from the fool to ignorant to know to register?