RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA's Enforcable 400 Feet = Death to Jets?
Old 01-13-2016, 11:30 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan
After watching the FAA's Mr. Marke Gibson's video, I went ahead and registered today. As Andy pointed out, Mr. Gibson was not aware of 400' being an issue until 3-4 days prior to the presentation to the AMA members at the Expo. This is the whole reason that I started this thread, is that the "AMA Power's to Be" had not conveyed our concerns well enough about the 400' to the FAA.
As of now, it is all status quo for flying. But, as Mr. Gibson said, it is under review.

I inserted the video for convenience. At 29:20 is where the question comes up for the 400', at 30:47, Mr. Gibson said that he just became aware of 400' as being an issue for AMA members and the detriment to the hobby for us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOeoHJZdwuw

But, I am registered now, and life will hopefully go on!
Dan, you have to understand a point. The FAA has turn over, as soon as the AMA feels like it's making progress, another appointment or dept move happens and that person has a different view or feel for things and to some extent the AMA starts over.

This particular person was unaware of our strong feelings and the ramifications to the hobby of 400 feet limits. That's not to say nobody in the FAA understands, that means this particular person was unaware. Now he is.