RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA's Enforcable 400 Feet = Death to Jets?
Old 01-13-2016, 09:23 PM
TTRotary

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
To follow a guideline means nothing. The FAA man said as much!

I seriously doubt an FAA made any such statement. Anyway, moot for you. When I typed that, I assumed you had registered. Since then I see you have proclaimed consistently in other threads that you refuse to register, will never register, or words to that effect. I commend you on your rebel stance, but I don't think that will work out for you in the long run. In the meantime, though, you are off the hook, since you didn't represent anything about how you would operate your UAS. I share your disgust with the whole thing, but I figured it's not worth the trouble and let's just get along with life and pursuit of the hobby, so I signed up.

I also think that this is in fact a decent outcome for aeromodeling, knowing what I know about how full scale pilots and the FAA think about the NAS and "intruders" in it (aeromodelers). It could have been a lot worse. In a sense, the future legislation that will come out of the NPRM will put legal fences around UAS and prevent more aggressive legislation against it from either federal or state activists. There are a lot of people out there that want us shut down completely, including soccer moms at the local park. As I said before, we don't have a lot of friends out there.

Again, I have no issue operating my UAS within the FAA safety guidelines.

Last edited by TTRotary; 01-13-2016 at 09:29 PM.