RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 09:56 AM
stegl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoeJr1485
So I have read almost every post trying to find the best way to create wav files to put on my Jeti DS-16 and so far the best way that I have found it to download "type and speak" app on your phone. I have an android so not sure if this app is on IPhone but man does this thing work awesome. I type it speaks then save file. It formats into wav format. I have created like 30 files within a few mins. Now just transfer them from my phone to the Jeti. I know others are using two programs to speak then record but give this a try. I think it will make your life my easier creating wav files. it will ask if you want to download the high quality voice, I recommend doing that. It has a tone of different languages and its Free!.
Jeti has a very extensive listing of wave files. There was one missing that I had a Jeti user make for me and emailed to me . With the 4.0 upgrade there are more wav files but haven't done that yet. but yes you can make your own as someone mentioned.

As for the poster that compared Taranis Horus to Jeti ; no comparison . The quality of finish on the Jeti inside and out far exceeds Horus by a mile. If comparing the Horus to Spektrum then maybe
in the same ballpark. Jeti has the most extensive listing of accurate telemetry modules out there. Just don't compare $ to $ on the receivers as the Jeti receiver does more than most. By understanding the inside workings of Jeti then you can appreciate why you have spent the $. I had my doubts a year or so ago before I decided to buy and the more I use it, the more I can see why I have bought an obsolete proof radio. at least for a while to come.
If I was to have any cons ; I would have to say the manual is lacking but as I said in another forum they would have to print a 600page manual to explain all the programming choices as there is more than one way to accomplish things. Lots of on line help.