RCU Forums - View Single Post - Now that we are forced to register,
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 05:06 AM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now that we are forced to register,

Now that the AMA has kneeled before the FAA and we have been mandated to use the FAA's scheme of registering our model airplanes...strike that...I mean our" UAS's", I have decided that I will not place the required registration number in an obvious location. Not inside the canopy, not inside a hatch or other location that requires the use of tools either, because that would violate the rules. That would subject me to a longer prison term and a higher fine than a common criminal, like a burglar. Funny how that works.......
When the flaps are up, the number is not visible....when the flaps are down, it is. Ten characters! Why am I not surprised? Four digit AMA number, ten digit FAA number.....go figure. Common AMA and get off dead center and show some cajones!
A "Brother" label maker does the job, and some 5 minute epoxy smooths out the rear spar, allowing the label adhesive to stick.
Here's an example showing the location on my FLY NAVY KingCat.I have done this to my fleet with great results. The FAA inspector won't get to touch my jet this way.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06435.JPG
Views:	548
Size:	425.2 KB
ID:	2142635  

Last edited by Harley Condra; 01-21-2016 at 05:09 AM.