RCU Forums - View Single Post - Four Hundred Feet?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 03:13 AM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Luchnia
I disagree with you. I totally got the point I was making. Based on the information we have from the video, I maintain this was handled poorly by the LEs. As far as the local RC guys, I did not comment on how they handled the situation. Maybe you were reading something into the post that was not there?

We can assume something more sensible was done before the LEs landed on that field, yet odds are it wasn't, due to the simple fact they did land on the field. Are the odds worth playing that this was not their first resort as to whom was to blame? Go for it if you like and get all the info of how it was handled, then let us know.

If I am wrong about the local LEs, I will retract any of my statements that may have been in error.
Apparently the police were friendly and did not target that RC field specifically. They heard the report of a drone sighting at 3,100ft over the radio and happened to be flying past the field and noticed one of the pilots on the ground wearing FPV goggles.

This is why they landed but when the Club safety officer assured them it wasn't any of his club members they were happy and left. The Police didn't mention FAA registration at all. ( I got these details second hand but I think that is the gist of it)