RCU Forums - View Single Post - Four Hundred Feet?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 08:10 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
Makes me wonder if we had the electric power systems we have today at the time glow fuel was developed if glow would have ever made it. I think not. IMHO the remaining glow fuel days are numbered.
I'll agree with this , because once there aren't enough buyers to keep the manufacturing profitable , the glow engine manufacturing will cease . There will always be motorheads and folks with sentimental attachments to glow engines as a "niche market" , but as a mass market power source for our models ? Glow has already "seen it's days" and is "well past it's prime" . The Lipo was the very last nail in Glow's coffin as far as being the most employed power source in our hobby .

I liken it to Vacuum tubes , of which I am a Vacuum tube radio collector . There are literally thousands of Antique radio collectors who preserve Vacuum tube radios , even though the Vacuum tube past the torch onto the Transistor some 60 or so years ago .

Here's 4 of the real deal . Actual 1920s radios with Vacuum tubes , restored and playable . No "Thomas reproduction" junk here .....