RCU Forums - View Single Post - Four Hundred Feet?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 04:27 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by init4fun
What our doggie friend here is missing , is that no one is "dancing on Glow's grave" or singing "Ding dong the witch is dead' , it's just a simple fact that when I walk into my 5 closest LHS' I can (and do) buy all kinds of brushless motors , ESCs , Lipos , and all things electric flight right there in stock (cause it sells) VS needing to order all but the "new old stock" (meaning , been on the shelf forever) engine powered stuff and this even includes fuel ! I am quite happy that I have enough fuel and engines to power my glow planes plenty till someone else inherits it all but as Chris and I both say here , Glow has been pretty much relegated to "niche market" status at the hobby shops and flying fields at least near me . Those that are still flying engines are mostly doing gasoline now (even "gas/glow" , gasoline being fired by a glow plug) but the 80 or better % of flying I see , is electric . Me myself , the motorhead that I am , I likely fly 75% electric to 25% glow , just for not wanting to clean slime as Rob also mentioned . I do have a couple of gassers but don't have the experience with them that I've got with Glow ...
I think if you look at the models on the market there are still a lot of glow models, even new versions such as the Tower .60 Kaos. They sell better than the engines because the models do not last as long.