RCU Forums - View Single Post - Control Line noob asking questions
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 09:25 PM
sigrun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi GallopingGhostler. Deviating is good with me, as long as the OP and forum mod don't mind? There are so few of us now, and the SNR is low.

I love Enya engines. My fav. They certainly aren't short on thrust, but the III & IV do weigh heavy in class favouring the Smousen or Peacemaker wings. As you say, they have different power curves to the FP-S. Like any Schnuerled engine, those 15FP-S' just love to rev and will not only wind up much more quickly, but that's where they want to be. Stick a 7x6 on them if you want to go fast in a straight line and they will haul and love it. The MAX-15s are the same oversquare bore and stroke, just not as powerful nor with the Schnuerled power curve. IME neither the Enya 15 III (haven't owned a III since the 70's) or IV are comfortable with a small blade like that on it. Both run nicely enough on an 8x4, but both O.S. like a small clean light airframe and will start to slow down if the prop loads up the engine as will typically happen with too high a wing loading or too big -diam or pitch- a blade. The baffle piston O.S. is pretty lightweight, which is why it works so well in the Akro. Those two Enyas with their considerable steel piston mass have sufficient torque to throw that higher pitch or larger diameter prop without complaint at very tractable RPM, which of course is just great for the larger airframe. They'd work well enough on the Akro too if it wasn't for their mass/weight. I have X2 Enya 15 IVs still NIB, one with both C/L venturi and R/C T/V carb. I had X4. I can't be bothered running them in. Takes forever. I won't use them on Akros. Perfect Smousen engine though, and equally excellent in Peacemakers.

Not surprised at the Brodak's stock reduction. I've reached that age, and I think my mate and me are now the tail end of the very last of numbers sufficient to signifiy as a C/L generation from the days just as that Japanese upstart Futaba first entered the R/C arena with proportional radios at half the price of equivalent leading brand Kraft kit. Good bargains for you though! Nice. Similarly I couldn't resist the SIG sellout. Their prices were so modest anyway.

Last edited by sigrun; 01-25-2016 at 09:27 PM.