RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is the Redcat Ground Pounder Really That Bad?
Old 01-26-2016, 06:17 PM
CapeTruckMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have nothing but positive things to say about my Redcat, the Blackout xte pro, I too was a little hesitant about purchasing one with all the negative comments made about them but it turned out to be a great buy. Mine has been bullet proof, parts are readily available online and I ordered a bunch of spares but have yet to use them. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you it has withstood some insane abuse and bashing. I honestly have been shocked at how it has held up, it has been cart-wheeled end over end down the pavement at 40+ mph probably a dozen times along with high speed collisions with trees, curbs and a dumpster and all I've done is bent 1 dog bone and destroyed a few bodies although I have broke 2 different after market wheels due to hitting some massive jumps. After a few minor tweaks and upgrades it now performs awesome, when I take it to the track people are always surprised to find out it's a redcat. I even run 11.1v lipos in it and have not burned up the Hobbywing esc yet and let me tell you it runs!