RCU Forums - View Single Post - Control Line noob asking questions
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 11:37 AM
GallopingGhostler

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
Yeah, I am a competition CL combat guy, so I have a little experience with wing loading! Interesting how the OP has not been replying. I would not recommend a new CL flyer to chase wing loading too much. They would be lucky to even get to inverted flight, let alone worry about the radius of their corner. Lighter is almost always better though in CL, but not as light, will still suffice for a trainer or first plane.
Good point, probably listening in. If I had just done what I ought to have done, instead of giving in to people who saw something wrong with every CL aircraft I started building (wing too thin - kit won't cut it - design sux, use those plastic props for paint stirrers and get decent wood, McCoy you selected isn't worth the metal they are made of - get a modern OS, "wrong" covering material, and ad nauseum) I would have been out flying more and learning more on my own. You're right. First thing for a beginner is to simply fly! A skilled model builder will find out soon enough and several planes down will have it worked out.