RCU Forums - View Single Post - Control Line noob asking questions
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 03:32 PM
sigrun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paw080
Top Flite actually showed a suggested engine range of .15 cu" - .35 cu" engines in their early magazine advertising.
The blurb went along the lines of .35 for a hot combat ship and .15 for a trainer didn't it Tony? Caveat -capacities relative to engines of the era.

If you think it cannot possibly work; a no longer with us friend, built and flew a 'Streak with an MVVS .12 cu" plain bearing diesel.
Gotta love an optimist! Loves a challenge? And lives where the wind don't blow?

Long outdated even as a slow combat ship, as I perceive it purpose for this model today generally would be a profile sport-'stunter'. Wouldn't you agree? Like SIG's Skyray 35, pretty much the optimum engine capacity today for that purpose for an original Flite Streak would be in the .20~.25in³ range depending upon whether TBR/PB, stroke, induction and port timing. Pretty much all available two-stroke IC engines today R/C orientated rev like 'ell Schnuerled which can't be avoided, and generally oversquare with high RPM timing although there are some more favourable to our purpose than others.

I use a .21A ASP (TBR) in mine (Skyray) in lieu of the LA .25's (PB) unavailability. Works quite well for purpose, but one can't escape the fact that it's Schnuerled and wants to rev.

FAI F2D Combat kit early 90's - a sample of two types of a batch of half a dozen still operational. All scratch built includign cutting of the LE foam cores. Too much of a handful for me now in comp. rig. Power by F2D .15 TBR glow - various Russian & Italian (Cipolla Combat).
Vintage diesel combat kit late 60's - now there's definitive flat section. Under restoration. .15 P.A.W. TBR Diesel powered.