RCU Forums - View Single Post - Control Line noob asking questions
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 05:51 PM
GallopingGhostler

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by sigrun
Don't agree. A novice buiild doesn't have to be Pro perfect nor is that expected of a beginner. But once past the solid wing trainer stage, important thing is to build light and and engine right so the model will fly right. Trying that first loop without knowledge and from too low an entry before just pulling tight as so many n00bs are wont to do will result in splinters and and a loss of confidence with a high wing loading and too fast a model. A light wing loading at lower speed might just have sufficient radius to save a mistake from being 'a close run thing' to a build time again experience. I well recall my own experience as a youth. Flying the right combo was all smiles and fun. Flying the wrong one wasn't.
I recall the OP was an experienced RC pilot and builder. Thus, his CL build should be all right, he just needed a feel for the right sized engine. First attempts will be to control the aircraft, there will be crashes and repairs. So if life isn't perfect, no big deal. I think he'll catch on quickly.