RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jetcat service does not exist ! !
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 04:56 PM
Vettster

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Len Todd
I have had a lot of luck calling on the phone and asking for John, if it is a tech issue, and Dennis, if it is an administrative issue. I also keep in mind that: One catches more flies with honey than with vinegar. Just have to keep things in perspective (i.e. No one is dying because of toy delivery delays.) These turbines are toys!

Over the years, I have learned that many service businesses have to be in multiple businesses to survive. This causes confusion and often precludes immediate response to customers, at times. I have found that a lot of patience typically pays off. Unfortunately for us, if a turbine goes down in the flying season, you have to have a spare Turbine (or Plane), especially if you have a short season like us above the Mason-Dixon Line. But in the off-season, who really cares if it takes 15 days or 15 weeks for a part? Of course if you are headed for FL Jets, things could be a little different. Thus, ... have more than one plane or engine. Of course, if the spare is in the shop too, then repair turnaround time may be a factor.

Another souce of delay is waiting for a container to come from Europe/Asia. Not having a well organized order to ensure that a container is filled with the right stuff can also be a problem. But, what happens when a container is washed overboard or lost in the storage yard? These kinds of things happen! Ever lose a set of keys?

We have 11 Jet Guys in our club. There may be one or two brands that I have not seen at the field. But, ... My personal belief, after watching all the issues at the field, is that all brands have troubles. Some of the troubles are our lack of knowledge. Some are just defective parts, etc. Some are a product that was not tested well enough for product release. None of these issues are a direct cause of John's or his tech's. They can't manufacture spare parts and/or whip up new ECU programs. etc.

I also, believe we are subjected to being the beta tester for all new models. Unfortunately for JetCatUSA, they inherit all of JetCat's poor-design/manufacturing problems. Maybe the blame for not getting a part in a timely manner falls on the Manufacturer versus the USA Contact. After all how can JetCat USA stock all the parts for all the models not knowing which toy will break today?? And they have a month or two lead times to deal with.

Another source of delay is waiting for a container to come from Europe/Asia. Of course not having a well organized order to ensure that container is filled with the right stuff can also be a problem. But not knowing what you (JetCat USA) will need a couple months in advance compounds shortages. So far, I have not ever waited to buy a new JetCat engine. Usually there is one somewhre in the supply stream (e.g. Dreamworks, Chief, etc.). Replacement parts could easily be a different story, ... For all brands!

One of our JetGuys swore off JetCat last Year. Since, he has had a Kingtech, 3 Wrens and now a couple Merlins. Have not seen his Merlins fly yet. So, .. the jury is still out on them. But every other brand he has tried he has had problems with either defective hardware or poorly performing software.

Just because we pay big bucks for our toys does not mean we are NOT subject to all the delays and frustration encountered in dealing with overseas manufacturers. Good things come to those who remember the honey and are patient, ... at least more often than not. In the end, it is just a toy!
Is this a form letter Len? lol... a couple of paragraphs are almost copies

Its the middle of winter so who cares? I care! It doesnt give them the right to drag their azz. I need the engine for a half finished model that I want to fly soon with the expected early spring. I also need the engine for layout on my Scratch built jet. Do I really need to explain why I expect my engine to be repaired in a timely fashion?? Its been over 3 months!!! to do a simple bearing job and replace the can. WOW!! is that to much to ask?

I seen a couple of you mention that you need to talk to John when you call.. Where on the repair invoice does it say that you need to talk to John Redmen or you wont get your engine fixed. How about this! The customer sends the engine in.. they fix it in sequence.. then notifies the customer who then pays and they send it back! Non of this secret "you need to ask for this guy stuff" how about they just do their jobs!

Now here's a rundown on what has happened so far.

They received and sign for my P-80se on OCT 23/2015
3 weeks later I call and ask for an update. I am told that the parts must come from Germany and they wont be here till after the NewYear holidays but that she has an estimate. I offer to pay it then, but she says to wait till its done. Fine.. That ok I said.

The holidays pass.

1 week later I call on the progress.. Im told that the parts are here and this is the price.. Im told that they have been waiting for the GO-AHEAD from me?? Well I ofcoase said go-ahead! Would you like me to pay now? No wait till its done and then pay. Ok thats fine.

2 weeks later(Today!) I call for an update.. They said we're waiting on parts!!! WHAT?? You told me 2 weeks ago that you had the parts and we're just waiting for a go-ahead. Linda then ask who said that? I said it was YOU. She then says "well we're waiting on parts" I ask how can we be waiting for parts after 15weeks of waiting?? She replies "well we're waiting on parts" At that point I realized I was talking to someone that really couldn't give a crap what the customer thinks and the conversation ended.

At NO point did I raise my voice or speak down to them. Though I have been made to feel like I was interrupting them. They where probably busy on the other lines telling everyone that their waiting for parts.

On another note.. I have just received a very fare deal from Barry at Kingtech to replace my crashed K100G. Two years ago I sent the engine in and had it back in under 4 weeks!! in the middle of summer!
The new engine arrived in four days.

Now THATS how you treat a customer!! and thats why I will continue to purchase at Kingtech and No Longer at JETCAT

END OF RANT