RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite P-47D Thunderbolt ARF .60-.91: Building & Mods
Old 02-02-2016, 05:50 AM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Guys, I started this thread over 5 years ago, just dropping in to let people know mine is still flying, in great condition. I've replace glow plugs, rx battery, exhaust extensions (silicone burns thru eventually), and the cowl 1 time (mounting holes wore out due to vibration). Other than that, everything else id original, a testament to what a great model this is.
I glanced a page or 2 back, and saw some Really Nice Models, I especially like the one with the drop tanks.
My trusty Saito 100 is holding up well also, as are the retracts. Can't say enough about this model, I got rid of the Top Flite Mustang I had: it was nice, but I was constantly fiddling with the retracts. Not so on the Thunderbolt, the stock retract units are still on it (with RoboStruts), and actuated by dual Hi Torq/ Low Profile proportional servos.
Glad to see there is still so much interest in this model,......... Jim Jager, Kalamazoo, MI