RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA Reauthorization 2016 AIRR - 2016
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 01:52 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bob Pastorello
unless I've missed something (entirely possible), nothing in either 336, or the existing FAA Interim Interpretation requires membership in a CBO. The texts require that operations be conducted within the scope of safety rules, and "programming" of a CBO.

Is that incorrect?

As I've discovered my homeowners' specifically states that operation of model airplanes *ARE* covered under personal liability (recently changed companies/underwriters), and my coverages are quite satisfactory, continuing membership seems redundant at this point, as the property owner / landlord only requires financial liability proof of coverage, and the AMA insurance has ALWAYS been "secondary" anyway....
Looks to be that way on both accounts. With regards to the coverage, you're right...in general if it's not excluded, it's covered. As for continuing with the AMA, if you've only ever looked at being part of the AMA for the insurance coverage, and nothing else, then it might make sense to save a few bucks and not join again.

Obviously that cuts down on flying at many clubs, but then again there are lots of clubs out there that don't require AMA, so it works out.