RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is Cool Power All Synthetic really any cleaner than fuel with Castor oil in it?
Old 02-05-2016, 10:29 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
The main question posed is "is cool power less messy than fuel with castor?" The answer is no, generally. Same/similar amount of oil slime, but a little easier to clean off. Denatured alcohol or winded work well for cleaning the stuff off among other things. The other tidbit that came up was whether the oil in the fuel has a dramatic effect on engine cooling; which it does not. Too much oil can actually cause more engine heat (over-compressing) and too-little can do the same thing (friction). The same thing can happen if one uses more nitro than what the engine can handle - the richer needle setting causes the engine to be overcompressed. This can be remedied with an extra head shim or two.

The temp at which synthetic oil burns is lower than castor by a reasonable margin, but if the needle is set properly, shouldn't be an issue. People have been using it for a long time with few issues. I would never use the stuff myself, but that's just me.

I'm done.
I think rubbing alcohol added to your cleaner will help dissolve the oil mess, but will not attack the adhesive of the covering as much as denatured alcohol.