RCU Forums - View Single Post - A Tale of Two Drakens. Airworld J-35 Draken builds
Old 02-06-2016, 05:22 AM
MattyMatt
My Feedback: (2)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default A Tale of Two Drakens. Airworld J-35 Draken builds

Airworld recently released their newest scale jet, the SAAB J-35 Draken. It looks really sinister, ugly, crude... Very Cold War era.... Yet were Mach 1+ jets, and with the double delta, very good flying. I had been looking for a scale jet project, and this rung the bell.

I'm not a fan of the scheme they have in their site, but the plane looks correct, and those that know Airworld... It will fly well.

http://www.airworld.online.de/Englisch/Index.htm

Length: 112.5"
Wingspan: 76.25"

Back Story
A few years ago, I started branching out from the all-consuming world of IMAC and aerobatic airplanes, and got into jets. My first jet was a 1/4.5 Hawk. It flew great and looked awesome in the air, but was limited on the fields I could fly at. I wanted something I could really just go fly the crap out of. Simple, low maintenance, and would do everything I could imagine, and do it well. That wound up being my 2.5m Futura... Love this plane. BUT, I didn't get into jets to fly sport jets... I fact I really am not much of a sport jet fan at all. Flying the Futura the last 2 years... I do like some of them.

That being said, I've had my eye on a few scale jets for some time. I almost pulled the trigger on an Airworld F100, F104... But held off, back and fourth for months. A good buddy of mine called all excited about the Airworld Draken... That was it. We pulled the trigger.

They are on order, and should be here mid this year.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1626
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	2145549   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1533
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	2145550   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	2135
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	2145551  

Last edited by MattyMatt; 02-06-2016 at 05:30 AM.