RCU Forums - View Single Post - So what really sets one engine make/model apart from another?
Old 02-07-2016, 01:08 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

From what I've read, another modder said the Piccos have 20-25 degrees of blowdown, but do better with 30-35 degrees. He went on to say moving the blowdown up that high requires modifications to the exhaust port in the case to match the ports in the liner. I don't recall any mention of whether the crank or transfer/boost port timing is changed or not. I have to mount it up in my test stand fixture and degree it to see what it has to start with. I do this with many of the engines I buy, and keep a record of it so I have a baseline of what the engine is at to start with. My plan is to run a 086/9886 pipe and a short conical header (41015). It's going into a heavy truck that I just want brutal power in. I understand the Picco already has a strong bottom end, so I'd like to bump the top up a little if it needs it. The truck goes about 38mph with a Mach 427, I'd like to see if it will do a bit better than that - maybe 45mph? and still wheelie if I want it to. My SH .28 truck wheelies on command, but isn't all that fast (tops about the same speed as the Mach 427 truck) likely due to the pipe acting like a rev limiter.

The conrod will not come off the crankpin. The way it looks, I don't how on earth they put this together with the piston and rod installed as an assembled unit. The rod only comes about halfway off the crankpin.

Heres the link I was talking about: http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...engines-2.html

Last edited by 1QwkSport2.5r; 02-07-2016 at 01:14 PM.