RCU Forums - View Single Post - So what really sets one engine make/model apart from another?
Old 02-07-2016, 03:01 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitrovein
There is often an misconception that it's the length that's the key to what rpm it will make power, it's volume and area's of the pipe that will give you the length. But sure, the last fine tuning is done with different length.

I might have an onroad manifold I could measure, but that's a Hipex manifold.

Picco 2046 pipe (the new in-line) might be a good candidate regarding pipes. I guess Neal could have tested that one. http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/RC-Con..._p_505098.html
I found a new Dynamite hard anodized 086 on eBay for $37. That will be my first test pipe. The other pipe I'll obtain later will be a 9886SS. Neal says the 9886 is the bees knees, and I believe it. I'll try that one later this summer when I get the Legend 28-8 for the other LST.

FWIW, the stock LST manifold is 110mm long basically measuring the length along the inside of the header against the outer wall. Not the most accurate, so figure there's maybe +/- 10mm on that maybe. Neal says the LST manifold is too long and recommended a short conical manifold.

Last edited by 1QwkSport2.5r; 02-07-2016 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Fixed typo