RCU Forums - View Single Post - So what really sets one engine make/model apart from another?
Old 02-08-2016, 08:11 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitrovein
I meant that you should have a view from the right to see the center of the bend at the top.

According to my quick math the extra length should shift the power between 5-6000 rpm compared to a short manifold.
Measure the stock manifold and see, but my guess is that it's 12mm all the way.
I like the Novarossi manifolds as there is enough meat left on the bone to enlarge it.
With stock timing and long manifold you will have a lot of bottom end at least.
Any of the engines I've run in these trucks, there's never been a shortness of low-end power. Even the lowly Mach 427 will wheelie sometimes. The SH .28 will wheelie effortlessly. I have the transmission output gears flipped which adds a tooth on the output (tiny bit faster) and I have new bevel gears for the LST brushless conversion which adds 2 or 3 teeth to the output which should make it faster on top and make it wheelie a bit less. Clutch and spur gear options are pretty limited on these trucks, but I'll be shifting that around a little bit as well as I do have a couple options to lower the spur tooth count a few teeth on the high gear. With an engine that already has a good bottom, I want to tune the engine to open up a bit better on top and still have enough bottom end to get the pig moving. The truck weighs about 13 pounds as it sits and the SH .28 throws it around like a rag doll with just the trans gear flip mod.. I can only imagine how she'll do with a few extra teeth in the trans and a more stout engine/pipe setup. Now if the damn snow would melt so I can get the beast out and run it....