RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bump this thread everytime you spend $100+ on RC Cars/Trucks
Old 02-10-2016, 11:51 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MAN, that stuff adds up quickly, don't it? RC is NOT a hobby for the ill of means.

The main website I order my Ofna Hyper parts from one day showed ALL the Hyper 10 parts as Out Of Stock. I got nervous that they had been discontinued, so I started looking for places overseas to order a bunch of parts from to keep me going for a couple years, since one of my Hyper 10s (the short course truck) I'd only had a year. I even tried to contact HoBao directly for any info on it's future, or lack thereof.

I found GeeFly Hobby in Taiwan (where HoBao is based) and while I had to look thru several parts sets (there are three versions of the Hyper 10TT that share parts, plus the Hyper 10SC) I found all I needed, and ordered enough to keep me in parts for some time. But DAMN, the shipping! I ordered $150+ in parts and got charged $50 in shipping! Ouch.

Come to find out, NitroHouse was just moving their warehouse, and is now back up and shipping. And I STILL haven't received my parts from GeeFly. (I hope the shipment made it out of country before the earthquake!)

And I did hear back from HoBao that they ARE still making the Hyper 10s and making parts. Yay!

I guess the good deal I got on some STRC aluminum parts made up for the $50 shipping charge....STRC had ALL the nice aluminum bits for the Hypers ON SALE for $5ea !!! Saved as much as 80% on each part! Check out STRC for upgrades for your vehicle. Good stuff. And they have random sales like that where you can save real money.